"How so Boo, like puke-y?"
"I don't know. When I run it feels like I forgot something & that kind of hurts."
The Wong Baker pain scale even fails her: "I don't look like any of those." She told the ER Resident showing her the scale. "No, how do you feel?" He coaxed. Blood dripping down the back of her head where 8 staples will soon be placed. "Sort of bored and hungry?"
Sigh, Life with Boo.
This morning she woke up feeling fine and a short time later the feeling was back. With no way to bridge the gap of communication between us I put her in a hot shower, set out clean pj's, made her toast & tea, and wondered what to do. Is it nothing or is appendicitis?
"So, are we having a sick day?" I asked her watching her sip tea wrapped in a blanket.
"Why would we do that, sick days are boring. I want to do school work today."
Mom's pain scale (lol):


That's really tough. My daughter is on the opposite end, where every little thing causes drama. If blood is involved forget it. I also have a hard time know if it's serious or just a scratch. Course, knocking out a front tooth at 4 and bleeding like crazy can be a bit traumatizing I suppose.
ReplyDeleteI recently read a book called, "What's Eating Your Child." It may have nothing to do with what Boo is going through, but it is still a pretty interesting book that explains the connection between diet and health.
I hope you are able to figure out Boo's discomfort.