Wednesday, July 10, 2013

area math game


Fantastic find on Pinterest!!! Area math game: Roll the dice and draw the area array on your own grid - first to fill it wins. Or 2 players choose a different coloured pen each, use one grid and the player who cannot complete the last array is the loser.  The idea originated from Unschooling Converstations by Marcia Miller (a different version of the game using Cuisenaire rods)What I like best is how obviously it displays the underlying math principle of multiplication.  And it is fun too! Boo LOVES this game :)   

5 comments:

  1. my daughter would love that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I have an 8 year old who would love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great idea, i'm definitely going to try it, thanks xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is an awesome game. I pinned it and plan to do it with my kids this year. Now I'm off to read more of your math ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the idea...could expand with 9 sided or 12 sided dice to also practice math facts

    ReplyDelete