It has been a long time since I have given a book the title of 'best ever' but Neil Gainman's The Graveyard Book is just that. And not only as Children's Literature, I mean up there with The Name of the Rose by Umbeto Eco & Cannery Row by Steinbeck. I mentioned this book in passing but cannot walk away from it so easily. I think it is a must read, so who should read it? Well, we found it on the NPR Backseat Book Club. I would say If your children read or happily sat through any of the Harry Potter Books or Series of Unfortunate Events then they might really enjoy this one. I should note Neil Gainman is the also the author of Coraline. For an adult reader if you read The Book Thief by Zusak & loved it you will love this book too!
Another great read worth mentioning:
The Inventions of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick
(now a movie)
The book is spectacular. Here is a great net link.
Books currently on the coffee table are:
I was going to ask you about he Graveyard Book, It is at the top of our to read soon books. Looks like it might be next. :D
ReplyDeleteI always love book recommendations! And I love that our library has an awesome website that lets me reserve and request books from the comfort of my couch:)
ReplyDeleteWe particularly love audio books in our house. We are currently listening to the Inkheart trilogy by Cornelia Funke.