Out of the blue Boo dropped this not so little piece of work (2 pages with illustrations) onto my desk. "Mom, these are my fears. Want to see them?"
#1 Ants. This we already knew. Boo the brave is afraid of little, tiny ants. Always has been.
#2 Bees. Not too surprising. The day after we installed our beehive a bee got trapped in Boo's hair. It really scared her not being able to see it but hearing and feel it buzzing around.
#3 The dark. #4 Dolls. #5 Bad hair day. Yes, my little tomboy-gym rat is quite specific about her hair. When it is time to fix it for gym I always cringe a little, she is so critical.
#6 Thumbs down.
I had to ask her to explain. What it boiled down to was disapproval.
#7 Splitting the beam. Seems reasonable considering.
#8 Bad Clothes Day. This one made me laugh.
#9 Going to jail. #10 Braces. #11 Getting in trouble.
Unnumbered is Grammar, lol.
#12 Leaving behind Bunny, a stuffed animal she has had her whole life. She has nightmares about this.
#13 Being hit by a car.
Personally, this would have been my number 1 but...
As it turns out this was a lot more interesting to see than I first thought it would be. I was surprised to see the multiple expression of her fears of 'getting in trouble' especial jail (what?!). Certainly not a writing project I would have chosen but I think I we should play around with it some more. Perhaps find ways to tackle these fears.












No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.