Saturday, September 8, 2012

seeing is

Behind the scores, the wins, the falls, the joy, the tears, is my child. 
 I'm not sure if this moment was meant to be.  
Boo taking the gold in the All Around for 9 and under.
It's not that she doesn't deserve it.  She earned it, especially after not even scoring high enough to place in vault.  But almost any of the girls on her team could have claimed it just as well, they are all amazing.   And level 5 is hard.
Behind it all is my child taking a leap of faith.  
Not the leap on the beam or the jump that got her from the low-bar to the high-bar (holding my breath) or the one that leads her dive-roll.
The one she took stepping down off the 1st place spot on the podium but not having the depth perception to know how far down she is stepping... the very thing which lead us to discovering her visual impairment when she was 3. 
My one-eyed monster.
 She believes enough for the both of us.

2 comments:

  1. This is the hardest part for me. They compete with, for, and against each other. Hopefully they can figure it out better than I can. I trust them to do so...

    ReplyDelete