Monday, September 10, 2012

Boo in a bubble

It started out to be fun minus the $8 bucks per girl we had to hand over to the Carnies.  Boo and her three closest gym buddies in bubbles.
I remember thinking how the teams they 'beat' yesterday would love to see them like this, falling all over themselves.
I remember trying to get good pics of them.
I remember laughing.
And then this happened.  I don't know if I thought or said it: she looks tired.  The other mom with me recognized what I was slow to see.  Boo wasn't simply tired she needed out.
After confirming with her we signaled for the rescue.  Boo locked in a bubble alone had panicked.  Her words, "All I could hear was the sound of my own breathing and it echoed like in a dream.  I could see my friends but I couldn't hear them or get to them. I was very alone and out of air."
 
Moral of the story is: no matter how much you want to you can't actually keep them in bubbles...

No comments:

Post a Comment