Thursday, February 23, 2012

LEAP into Science

As we left the Phun with Physics class (2 hrs)  we came across this breath taking view over looking the valley.  We also stumbled across the LEAP in Science Program.

At this point between the Planetarium and Physics we had been doing science for 7 hours.  At first, I said no.  It is too late and we have been gone too long.  But...the free book and the shiny objects were too much to turn down.
As we drove home in the fading light, Boo holding her new book, she asked if I would read it to her when we got home- of course.  Only in the silence of the car the words began to flow as she read her book to me. 
I know I have already established she is officially reading but this is the book, like the bike you ride without training wheels, the book that truly set her free. I suppose an extra half hour, missing a hot meal, & driving home in the dark is a small price to pay for freedom.

No comments:

Post a Comment